20 Ekim 2011 Perşembe

Baby's Naming Sets In-Laws on Each Other

name links to original article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 19 October 2011)

Emrah Y., who lives in Eyüp, Istanbul, wanted to bestow a name of his own
choosing on his newborn son his but he claimed in a complaint to the public
prosecutor that when he attempted this his mother-in-law Melek A. and
sister-in-law Filiz D. attacked him.

Emrah and Duygu Y. brought their first child into the world in October
2010. Emrah wanted to name the baby 'Furkan' but 'my mother-in-law
said the name should be 'Yusuf'. When I stated that 'the child is mine and
I'll give him whatever name I want' my mother-in-law and sister-in-law
attacked me.' In her statement to the prosecutor, Filiz D. rejected the
charge and asserted that when they asked Emrah what he was going to
name the baby he shouted 'don't interfere!' and walked threateningly
toward her mother.

The Istanbul Public Prosecutor completed an investigation and prepared
an indictment against Melek A. and Filiz D. for the crime of 'injuring' and
asked for a sentence of up to two years.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder