4 Kasım 2013 Pazartesi

And The Walkin' Man Walks...to Erzurum

walker links to original article

(Aydinlik Newspaper, 1 November 2013)

//ed. note: thanks to alert reader Muge for this unusual item.//

Walk happy!


Stephan Meurisch (32), an electrical technician, left Munich,
Germany, 19 months ago on foot and after travelling 5,800
kilometers he has reached Erzurum. Meurish said that he
passed through Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and
Bulgaria before entering Turkey. He plans to continue on to
China via Georgia, Armenia, Iran, Pakistan, India and Nepal.

During his trek, Meurisch wore out four pairs of shoes and he
added a shoe size, as well. Along the way he passed through
towns and pastures, rather than following the highways, and
he didn't hitchhike either. Meurisch said that he walked 20
kilometers each day and he added that "when I left Munich I
didn't have much cash so I painted, collected olives and worked
construction jobs along the way to make money. In villages
I worked in orchards."

Meurisch added that "in Turkey, over 13 days,  I traversed Istanbul,
 Kocaeli, Yalova, Bursa, Iznik, Manisa, Balikesir, Izmir, Mugla,
Antalya, Konya, Sivas, Nevsehir and Erzincan before arriving in
Erzurum. I liked the villages and the villagers were very nice to
me. I figure it will take me 4 or 5 years to get to China."




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder