25 Temmuz 2017 Salı

'Manita' Remark Blackens Innocent Bystander's Life

//ed. note: internet version of article not available.//

(HaberTürk Newspaper, 25 July 2017)

Image result for innocent bystander

In Istanbul, a gunfight that erupted between two groups over
a wisecrack turned the life of a young man, who had nothing to
do with either group, into a nightmare.  The incident occurred in
Esenler on 16 June when Harun Y. was walking along the street
and sending a phone text at the same time.

As Harun Y. passed a coffeehouse, Ercan E. said to a friend
sitting next to him "look at this guy, messaging with his 'manita'
(sweetheart).  Even we don't have a 'manita'."  When Harun Y.
took exception to this remark and said "you have a problem?",
a fight broke out.

The clashing sides were separated but a bit later Harun Y.
returned with two friends, one of whom, Abdurrahman Ç.,
fired a gun prompting Ercan E. to respond with rifle fire.  In
the resulting firefight, passerby Tural Azizli, who was coming
out of a grocery store, was seriously wounded. Azizli's internal
organs were decimated by the gunfire and his left elbow was
destroyed.

Azizli remained in a coma for 3 days.  He has not recovered
the use of his left arm but has been released from the hospital.
He explained that "I had gotten water from the store and was
exiting it.  I saw guys firing guns and they passed by me.
Someone began firing a pump-action rifle from across the street.
The next thing I knew I was in the hospital looking at operation
scars all over my midsection.  The buckshot had hit my spleen,
lungs, stomach, intestines and the membrane in front of my heart.
I underwent three operations.  In my arm alone, there are still
about 100 pieces of buckshot.  I have a child and my wife is
pregnant.  They're telling me I won't be able to work for 2 years,
nor will I be able to bend my arm."  

Image result for esenler haritası
        Esenler district of Istanbul


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder